South Tampa Day Spa Skincare Tips
Can you get better looking skin without the use of peels or chemicals? Absolutely!
There is an unfortunate misconception about all natural, holistic skincare. Some people think that these products are ineffective and basically “fluff”. That in order to get real results, you need chemicals, usually in the form of aggressive skin peel and injections. I am here to tell you, that it is simply untrue. There are many skincare that is proven to be effective especially for those women who has loose skin, some products are proved effective and safe even if your problem is on How to tighten vagina, there are products that will fit to you.
You can absolutely get all the results you would with peels etc, without the use of harmful chemicals or aggressive treatments. As a matter of fact, I am of the philosophy that you can get significantly better results.
The human skin is a living breathing organ. It absorbs everything that is topically applied. When we use harmful, harsh chemicals, the skin will revolt. It will react and use it’s natural defense mechanisms to fight the chemicals, which in the long run, will cause the skin to break down and as a result age faster. The irony with chemical rich skincare, is that many of the so called”anti-ageing” ingredients, that most skincare companies use, actually induce and speed up the skin’s ageing process!. These products occlude and suffocate the skin. The worst part is that we absorb these chemicals into the blood stream!
We try to be aware of what we put into our bodies; we need to equally as cautious about what we put on our bodies! The use of chemical free products will be more readily accepted by your skin and the active ingredients will work better without the skin trying to sort through and repel chemicals. Most natural skincare lines can provide skin peels and powerful anti- ageing ingredients without harsh side effects and no down time.
It is important to point out that some “natural” skincare lines should not be taken at face value. Make sure that you read the ingredients and ask questions. Sadly, some companies will use only one natural ingredient supported by a bunch of chemicals and call it “All natural”.
Here is a list of bad news skincare ingredients to avoid!
2. Methyl and Propyl and Butyl and Ethyl Paraben — Used as inhibitors of microbial growth and to extend shelf life of products. Widely used even though they are known to be toxic. Have caused many allergic reactions and skin rashes.
3. Petrolatum — Petrolatum is mineral oil. Mineral oil causes a lot of problems when used on the skin photosensitivity (i.e., promotes sun damage), and it tends to interfere with the body’s own natural moisturizing mechanism, leading to dry skin and chapping. You are being sold a product that creates the very conditions it claims to alleviate.
4. Propylene Glycol – Has been known to cause allergic and toxic reactions.
5. PVP/VA Copolymer — A petroleum-derived chemical used in hairsprays, wavesets and other cosmetics. It can be considered toxic, since particles may contribute to foreign bodies in the lungs of sensitive persons.
6. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate — This synthetic substance is used in shampoos for its detergent and foam-building abilities. It causes eye irritations, skin rashes, hair loss, scalp scurf similar to dandruff, and allergic reactions. It is frequently disguised in pseudo-natural cosmetics with the parenthetic explanation “comes from coconut.”
7. Stearalkonium Chloride — A chemical used in hair conditioners and creams. Causes allergic reactions. Stearalkonium chloride was developed by the fabric industry as a fabric softener, and is a lot cheaper and easier to use in hair conditioning formulas than proteins or herbals, which do help hair health. Toxic.
8. Synthetic Colors — The synthetic colors used to supposedly make a cosmetic “pretty” should be avoided at all costs, along with hair dyes. They will be labeled as FD&C or D&C, followed by a color and a number. Example: FD&C Red No. 6 / D&C Green No. 6. Synthetic colors are believed to be cancer-causing agents. If a cosmetic contains them, don’t use it.
9. Synthetic Fragrances — The synthetic fragrances used in cosmetics can have as many as 200 ingredients. There is no way to know what the chemicals are, since on the label it will simply say “Fragrance.” Some of the problems caused by these chemicals are headaches, dizziness, rash, hyperpigmentation, violent coughing, vomiting, skin irritation by a cosmetic that has the word “Fragrance” on the ingredients label.
10. Triethanolamine — Often used in cosmetics to adjust the pH, and used with many fatty acids to convert acid to salt (stearate), which then becomes the base for a cleanser. TEA causes allergic reactions including eye problems, dryness of hair and skin, and could be toxic if absorbed into the body over a long period of time.
I have been one of Edyta’s clients for 5 years now. She is amazing!!! My skin is very very sensitive, and I’ve always had trouble with it. After a treatment with her, my skin feels and looks amazing for days!!
CARROT MASK FOR PROBLEM SKIN!
A preparation of raw carrots, mashed to a smooth paste does wonders in helping clear a blemished complexion, when used along with regular good nutritional practices. The high vitamin A content of this red-gold vegetable no doubt explains its helpfulness.
Tues – Fri : 10am – 7pm
Saturday : 10am – 6pm